In addition to composing a Cello Concerto for Caroline Stinson, Euphonium + electronics piece for Robert Benton, and a work for Jay Gephart and the Purdue University Wind Ensemble, I have a few guest appearances coming up:
- 8-11 [San Antonio, TX]: TMEA – Texas State University Wind Ensemble performs Ecstatic Waters (2pm, Thurs.)
- 18-20 [Columbia, SC]: Univ. of South Carolina Conductors Conference. Scott Weiss’ group continues the consortium premiere series of my Concerto for Wind Ensemble, and the honor bands perform Dusk, Bloom, MetaMarch, Suite Dreams, and who knows what else. Bonus: Verena is guest conducting one of the bands as part of the clinic!
- 22 [Charlotte, NC]: Univ. North Carolina – Charlotte: guest conducting The Marbled Midnight Mile with the Charlotte Youth Wind Ensemble
- 23 [Charlotte, NC]: Univ. North Carolina – Charlotte Wind Ensemble concert; I’m guest conducting Suite Dreams and Chester Leaps In
- 10-13 [San Diego, CA]: San Diego State University Wind Ens. performs Ecstatic Waters (13th, 4pm)
- 23-26 [Seattle, WA]: CBDNA
- 15-17 [West Lafayette, IN]: WORLD PREMIERE of new commission by the Purdue University Wind Ensemble. I will also conduct Radiant Joy, Dusk, MetaMarch, and Bloom across two nights of concerts (16th and 17th).
- 18 [Washington, DC]: Virginia Tech Wind Ensemble performs Ecstatic Waters at The Kennedy Center (I hope I can make it – not definite)
- 19-23 [Providence, RI]: Rhode Island College performs Ecstatic Waters; Verena guest conducts Husa’s Al Fresco on the same concert
- 29-30 [Ithaca, NY]: WORLD PREMIERE of Cello Concerto with Caroline Stinson and the Cornell University Wind Ensemble (30th)
- 3-7 [Statesboro, GA]: Georgia Southern Univ. Wind Ensemble performs Ecstatic Waters
- 9-11 [Lawrence, KS]: University of Kansas Wind Ensemble performs Ecstatic Waters
- 27: GO TO AUSTRIA (woohoo!!) – start work on 16′ Piano Concerto for Pamela Mia Paul…
Now that I see it all laid out like that, I feel like I should have a tour t-shirt printed up…