Commission Consortium Opportunity ($250)
I will be writing a new 10-20 minute work for winds+electronics+potential other elements (lighting, etc.) to premiere at the CBDNA National Conference in February 2019, performed by the Arizona State University Wind Orchestra. This is an extremely affordable buy-in ($250), and will be less than the cost to rent the work once it’s released to the public.
I’m happy to share my brand-new Miniature Suite with all of you. Premiered last month by the KKPsi/TBS National Intercollegiate Band, this work was informed by my experiences conducting a few honor bands in the past couple of years, and I sought to create music that would work well in that setting (as well as for high schools and colleges). Rather than “movements,” the piece consists of five short modular works that can by mixed-and-matched at will.
- Introit: Tin Riot is a 90-second fanfare that works either with full ensemble or for brass alone (plus Glockenspiel).
- Echo Dreams features Euphonium and Bass Clarinet solos, as well as Piano and Vibraphone. While the other works have optional Piano parts, this is the only one that requires that instrument.
- Eristic Zeal is short, aggressive and quirky, and is perfect if the ensemble has two adept Saxophone players (one Soprano and one Alto).
- The Low Arc of the Sun is a simple, short chorale, similar in style to Dusk or Nothing Gold Can Stay, but shorter (5’).
- Irrational Joy is a bright and energetic work, suitable as a concert opener or closer.
Other items of interest:
- Piano reduction of Concerto for Alto Saxophone now available
- In Aeternum for SATB chorus now available
- Piano reduction for the Concerto for Trombone is coming later this year!
Best wishes for you all, especially the educators, as you embark on a new academic year!