- View/Download Dusk - Trombone 1-2 TC
- View/Download Dusk - Trombone 3 (Bass) - TC
- View/Download Dusk - Alto Clarinet
- View/Download Dusk - Bb Contrabass Clarinet
- View/Download Dusk - Eb Contra-alto Clarinet
- View/Download Dusk - Euphonium 1-2 TC
- View/Download Dusk - Harp
- View/Download DUSK - Tuba 1-2 Bb TREBLE CLEF
- View/Download DUSK - Tuba 1-2 Eb TREBLE CLEF
This simple, chorale-like work captures the reflective calm of dusk, paradoxically illuminated by the fiery hues of sunset. I’m always struck by the dual nature of this experience, as if witnessing an event of epic proportions silently occurring in slow motion. Dusk is intended as a short, passionate evocation of this moment of dramatic stillness.
Video masterclass covering interpretive aspects of the piece, led by Steven Davis with the UMKC Wind Symphony.
NOTE: Dusk was revised to version 1.4 in 2008, and all sets printed and sold since May 2008 should be the new version. The old version (1.2) is NOT compatible (I extended bar 35 by one beat, and changed the time signatures/barring in the last 5 bars). If you’ve ordered the set and score separately at different times, or are doing an honor band/clinic, be sure to compare version numbers (found in the lower left hand corner of the score and on the parts).
Commissioned by: Langley High School Wind Symphony, Andrew Gekoskie, conductor
MENC National Convention, April, 2004, Langley High School Wind Symphony, Andrew Gekoskie, cond.
Clarinet in Bb 1
Clarinet in Bb 2/3
Eb Alto Clarinet (optional)
Eb Contra-alto Clarinet (optional)
Alto Saxophone 1/2
Bb Trumpet 1
Bb Trumpet 2/3
Horn in F 1/2
Horn in F 3/4
Crash Cymbal, Sus. Cymbal, Bass Dr.