The annual Midwest Clinic in Chicago is almost here, and I’m very fortunate to have three performances of my work this year, as well as giving my Midwest debut as a clinician with two clinics! If you’ll be there, I hope you’re able to come to one or all of these, and please say “hello” if you do! Here’s the list:
- WED. 12/18, 2:30 p.m.: I will participate in a clinic with composer Alex Shapiro and several conductors titled The E-Frontier: Music, Multimedia, Education, and Audiences in the Digital World to discuss my compositions with electronics.
- FRI. 12/20, 8:30 a.m. (bring your coffee!): I will serve as rehearsal technician in the Rehearsal Lab with Amador Valley High School Wind Ensemble, rehearsing my work The Machine Awakes.
- THURS. 12/19, 12:00 p.m.: Paean – Triumph, Amador Valley High School Wind Ensemble, Conducted by Jonathan Grantham
- FRI. 12/20, 11:30 a.m.: The Machine Awakes, Clear Creek High School Wind Ensemble, Conducted by Stephen Meyer
- SAT. 12/21, 10:00 a.m.: Stampede, Westlake High School Wind Ensemble, Conducted by Kerry Taylor
Other items of note, including world premieres of new works and residencies across the country:
December 15, 2013: For those of you who are arriving extra-early for the Midwest Clinic, or who live in Chicago, Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra will premiere my new arrangement of The Machine Awakes for orchestra at Northwestern University. More info, including tickets, can be found on their website.
March 16, 2014: Indiana All-State Honor Band will premiere my new work for wind ensemble, conducted by John Lynch.
April 6, 2014: Durham Symphony Orchestra will premiere my new arrangement of Ecstatic Fanfare for orchestra. More info, including tickets, can be found on their website.
April 6, 2014: Colorado Wind Ensemble will premiere a new work they commissioned, along with Ecstatic Waters. More info, including tickets, can be found on their website.
April 22, 2014: Michigan State University will premiere my new Concerto for Alto Saxophone and Wind Symphony, performed by saxophonist Joseph Lulloff and conducted by Dr. Kevin L. Sedatole.
I have residencies planned at Shenandoah University (Winchester, VA), Texas A&M University (College Station, TX), University of Puget Sound (Seattle, WA), and Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) for Spring 2014, among many others.
See you in Chicago!