Another full semester of guest composer residencies, world premieres, and even a little conducting in Orchestra Hall in Chicago. The festivities begin… NOW!
- 28-29 [Baltimore, MD]: Peabody Conservatory – David Vickerman’s Digital Embrace, featuring Christopher Stark’s Augenblick, Jason Gerraughty’s TWEAK, and my Ecstatic Waters – a full concert of works for winds, percussion, and electronics.
- 8-10 [San Antonio, TX]: At TMEA for Baylor Wind Ensemble’s performance of Mvts. III and V from my Concerto for Wind Ensemble
- 17-19 [Muncie, IN]: Ball State University conducting workshop, featuring the world premiere of Paean: Chant and Triumph
- FEB 29-MAR 1 [Indianapolis, IN]: American Bandmasters Convention. Three performances in two days: Paean: Chant and Triumph by Ball State, followed immediately by Purdue University performing Anthem. The following evening (Mar 1st), Kevin Sedatole and the Michigan State University Wind Symphony perform Mvt V from the Concerto for Wind Ensemble
- 15-16 [Chicago, IL]: John Hersey HS Wind Ensemble gives their premiere of Paean: Chant and Triumph at Orchestra Hall. I’ll also conduct A Million Suns at Midnight! (yes, I’m conducting in Orchestra Hall in Chicago. Crazy.)
- 4-5 [Harrisonburg, VA]: Stephen Bolstad and the James Madison University Wind Symphony perform Ecstatic Waters
- 12-15 [Denton, TX]: Pamela Mia Paul and the University of North Texas Wind Symphony premiere my Concerto for Piano, and then record it that weekend.
- 20-22 [Boca Raton, FL]: Kyle Prescott and the Florida Atlantic University Wind Ensemble perform Ecstatic Waters
- 10, 19 [RDU, NC]: WORLD PREMIERE of my new (as yet untitled) work for young band + electronics. More details TBA!